Dented Ego Forums

Forums » SUBSTANCE ABUSE

• 15 posts
    April 16, 2014 4:15 PM PDT

Have you seen the new face of heroin? Bet you have!

Take a good hard look around. It is the football, baseball, soccar, track, basketball jock, cheerleaders, class presidents and thriving students all falling pray TO the darkness of heroin.

This post was edited by DentedEgo1 at April 17, 2014 2:57 PM PDT
    • 12 posts
    April 17, 2014 3:13 PM PDT
    Substance Abuse as you said clinically has become an epidemic.
    • 12 posts
    April 17, 2014 5:34 PM PDT

So somehow we need to be active and STOP THIS B4 it kills all our Children!

• 12 posts
    April 18, 2014 7:42 PM PDT
    Dented Ego is a fourm of being active, im a speaker and practitioner but it takes an army to overcome the voices of the lost
    • 23 posts
    April 22, 2014 7:09 PM PDT
    I've lost too many friends to OD
    • 11 posts
    April 26, 2014 9:34 AM PDT

I just lost one of my best friends after he had been sober for 6 months and relapsed. 

One time and now he is gone?? F up really bad!

• 23 posts
    May 1, 2014 12:50 PM PDT

My son now has been kicked out of every house he has been involved and now that includes mine

• 12 posts
    May 20, 2014 10:03 AM PDT
    Star i messaged you, have you had him work with a counselor? My approach is not only the counseling but i also coach each client during the process.
    • 12 posts
    May 20, 2014 10:09 AM PDT
    The problem with addicts is actually a very simple context to grasp.Understand #addicts secretly know they have a problem, however the end result is we live in a false sense of security thinking it will just go away or get better. This applies to #selfharm #suicideprevention #anxiety #substanceabuse.
    Don't live in denial, get #help. Prolonging the efforts to achieve sobriety is only decreasing the chances of success. That is why we have prograns like AA/NA but unless your insurance will cover a facility, whuch most dont or familues pay out of pocket the alternative is hardcore in depth counseling. People with addictions are fearful based on un forseen events they cannot control, but also many have mental health issues, or a traumatic event/hereditary gene traits which are passed down.
    • 23 posts
    May 22, 2014 3:40 PM PDT

I have not been able to get him to see a counselor.My son has had a broken marraige but has done well in school and sports. It seems that he changed almost overnight. My insurance covered zero and pretty much said to home detox him. That did'nt work and turned to violent rage. I am now looking at getting a restraining order to protect my Mom and Dad plus other family members. This drugs a beast!!!

• 7 posts
    May 23, 2014 2:25 PM PDT

Heroin, Oxy all of it..The Doctors are in on this and making $$$$$$$ They need to be exsposed. They are all Doc Feelgoods Quacks

• 1 posts
    June 13, 2014 3:05 PM PDT

My son has gone thru the same situations....getting kicked out of parents houses, goes to Rehabs and either gets kicked out or leaves early....the addict WILL ONLY STOP AND HEAL WHEN THEY HAVE TOO!

WISHING YOU THE BEST

• 23 posts
    June 14, 2014 10:23 AM PDT

Thank you Terry we/I have not heard from him for two weeks. I am up all night waiting for a knock on the door. I pray for his safty, I know we are doing the right thing but tough love is really tough.. thanks for the message very sweet

• 23 posts
    June 23, 2014 9:04 AM PDT

Place to Start http://bit.ly/1eA6yJ4